Skip to main content

Hit enter to search or ESC to close

When should you update your Tenancy Registration?

If there is an entirely new owner for the property you will need to provide additional information and should contact us at for further information.

No fee is payable when providing an update of tenancy details, once at least one of the original tenants is still part of the tenancy. If not, this is a new tenancy and a new registration is required.

Please Note: A tenancy commencement date cannot be updated. If the wrong tenancy commencement date was erroneously provided on the application to register, then a correction must be submitted in writing to the RTB. This can be done by e-mail to or by post to RTB, PO BOX 47, Clonakilty, Co Cork. Late fees may apply where applicable.

Updating your Tenancy Online

The most efficient way to update your tenancy is by using the RTB’s online account system which can be accessed here.

Setting up an online account is a simple process. Existing tenancy registrations can be linked to your new online account. Any updates can then be carried out online.

To find out more information about using the RTB’s online account system click here.

Updating your Tenancy by email or by post

Tenancy Update Form can be downloaded below, which can be saved, edited and sent by email to update your tenancy.

If you have access to a scanner, you can send a copy of your tenancy update form to If you can provide a clear photograph of the document, this can also be accepted by email to update your tenancy.

A completed Tenancy Update Form can be posted to: Residential Tenancies Board, PO Box 47, Clonakilty, Co. Cork.

The most efficient way to update your tenancy is by using the RTB’s online account system, which can be accessed here.

Eircode Requirement  

The RTB now require all tenancies being registered to have the correct Eircode applied to the address of the property. For more information click here

Local Authority Assistance - Notice of Termination for Rented Property Being Sold 

If you have served/received a Notice of Termination because your rental accommodation is to be sold, your local authority is available to assist you. 

Assistance available to you can be found in the in the Information sheet below in tre Downlad section of this webpage. 

Is this page useful?

Thanks for your reply.

We will take your feedback into consideration and it is greatly appreciated.